Bliss and sorrow cannot co-exist. Where there is bliss there is no experience of sorrow. Where there is sorrow, bliss cannot be experienced.Bliss is experienced when you vibrate at the highest frequency. Sorrow, sickness, disease, stress, negativity, pessimism etc. is experienced when you vibrate at a much lower frequency.
If the mind is peaceful and body is relaxed prana will flow freely through the body. When prana flows freely, because there is no resistance within, your vibrational frequency will increase. If you can maintain this uplifted state you will feel positive, happy, forgiving, and grateful. Your face will glow. Body will be free of pain and suffering. You will naturally think fewer and uplifting thoughts and the mind will be peaceful. You will have an overall sense of well-being, peace and positivity without trying to force it. You will feel drawn to activities, thoughts and people with higher vibration. You will be naturally drawn to healthy fresh foods which is why I don’t want to lecture you on eating healthy or stressing the importance of being around positive people. It will start happening on its own.
Two factors are at the core of increasing one’s vibrational frequency:
- Think fewer thoughts
- The few thoughts you have should be positive or neutral
Both can be successfully accomplished through conscious effort and awareness. In order to be positive and to stay positive you have to make a shift. This shift is not easy because we don’t live in a perfect blissful world where everything is just the way we want it to be. But once you’ve made that positive shift from low to high vibration you won’t be easily dragged down by most everyday lows and stressors. You can make this shift.
The most powerful ways to make that shift and to enjoy lasting results are:
- Mantra Chanting or Japa: Mantra chanting is very effective if done correctly. If you find it hard to meditate then this might be a great way to get yourself in a meditative state of mind and experience a positive state of mind.
If you don’t feel the emotion of the mantra, chanting it is useless. Each word we understand conjures up an image and a feeling. If I ask you to repeat and focus on these words- fresh sandalwood paste or cool fragrant jasmine flowers you visualize and feel something good. Now chant this all day while doing your chores or while multitasking. You won’t feel anything. You will just mechanically repeat these words.
When I say sapascoffragmine and tell you this is a very powerful and effective mantra so chant it daily. Will you feel anything? There is no image or thought or feeling you can associate with it because you don’t know what it means. (I just made it up by borrowing a few letters from sandalwood paste cool fragrant jasmine J ).
So when you chant a mantra it is good to know the meaning/significance of each word or at least the gist of it. It is also important to focus on each word and feel it completely which is why the correct way of chanting is to sit down and do it for at least one round of the rosary instead of doing it while driving or doing dishes and laundry, or cooking or whatever mindless chore you are doing. The rosary helps you keep track of how long you have been chanting without distracting you. The more rounds you do the better you will feel. This is why chanting while doing chores is useless, because after repeating a mantra 3-5 times you will get distracted. The whole point of chanting is to improve our focus and concentration; to lessen our thoughts so that our mind is not scattered any more. A scattered mind will make you feel depleted and irritable and negative which can manifest in any form of anger or irritability.
Choosing the mantra: you will either be recommended a mantra (based on your horoscope or a guru depending on what you need at that stage of your life.)
If you pick your own mantra you will tend to be drawn to one based on what you need at that time in your life. Sometimes you will find yourself changing mantras until you find the right one for you. Because you are looking for that which is lacking in you. You are drawn to the vibration of the mantra based on what is missing and very much needed in you at that phase of your life. If you like a certain color it is because you have less of it in you. That’s when people use color therapy or gemstone therapy, but that’s a topic for another day.
Do at least one round of the rosary. This will come to 108 repetitions. This is just the minimum. But if this is v important to you and you are willing to put in the time and effort for the gains then do at least 3 rounds or 324 repetitions. This will take anywhere between 15 -30 minutes depending on the length of the mantra. The more you do the more you will benefit. Last month I did 10 rounds of a mantra. It took me 2 hours. But after the fifth round I could feel certain sensations and vibrations in my brain. By the end I felt extremely uplifted, strong, positive, confident happy and fearless. I do three rounds daily in the evening and the results are undeniable. I went from feeling a low 2 on the scale to feeling a 10- grounded and positively uplifted; Poised and fearless at the same time.
Withdrawing your senses is a precursor to concentration and concentration is a precursor to meditation. When you chant a mantra (japa) you are withdrawing your senses and working on concentration by focusing on each aspect of the mantra. When you can maintain your concentration it becomes meditation. After several rounds of japa (you will know when) don’t be in a rush to get up. Just sit silently in the moment for a while before you open your eyes and get up.
- Meditation: 30-45 minutes of regular meditation will help us reduce our thoughts, and uplift and strengthen our mind. When the ancient seers meditated, it wasn’t to relieve stress. It was to gain knowledge; Not text book knowledge, but transcendental knowledge. Today meditation is recommended to relieve stress and to uplift the mind. I have shared lots of information on meditation in my previous posts along with their benefits so I will re-post those links for your convenience.
While meditation or mantra japa will help you make the big shift, the day to day tips below are recommended as an adjunct.
- When you practice any activity do it with awareness and attention. So if you practice yoga and pranayama, practice with awareness. Your mind, body and spirit should become one. If you are mechanically and mindlessly doing the poses but your mind is wandering to all the useless or negative stuff, you won’t get anything out of your session.
- Spend time in nature.
- Read a positive and uplifting article or book before bedtime.
- Watch happy shows that make you laugh. Watch educational/inspiring shows.
- These days our minds are scattered and agitated most of the time. Cut down multi-tasking. Spend less time on social media. With instant messaging, whatsapp, FB etc our minds are scattered in many different directions. Minimize such distractions. Unfollow certain ‘friends’ so you cannot see their posts and place them on the restricted list so they can’t see your posts. This will distance their orbits from the nucleus of your life.
Quick Fix and most effortless methods to improve your vibration when you are feeling very low. Sometimes you might feel really low on energy and down in spirits and in need of a quick fix in.
- SMILE-it will help diffuse a lot of that negative energy. Just smile. You might feel silly smiling for no reason and might even say-“How can I smile when I’m not happy?” OR “I’ll smile when things are better.” But trust me –smile and things will be better because you will start feeling better. Don’t argue with yourself against smiling. Don’t say anything. Just smile for no reason. When you wake up in the morning just smile without a reason. Set your morning alarm with this positive reminder to SMILE.
- MUSIC: Play your favorite upbeat music. No sad tunes. Just something that makes you want to get up and dance. Notice how it quickly alters your mood to a lighter state.
- Call a friend: Call a friend and talk to them about everything except what’s weighing you down. By the time you are done with the phone call you will feel so much better. But if you just discuss what’s weighing on your mind (especially if these are just repetitive stale thoughts you recycle daily) then you will only feel worse afterwards. So steer your conversation away from anything that will perpetuate your low vibration state.
- Shopping: Going shopping/window shopping is definitely a distraction that can help you out of low spirits.
- Watch a funny show or movie